A brilliant blend
South Australia's capital city, Adelaide, is a friendly, welcoming and sophisticated 21st century urban centre.
The city has been rated as the equal-fifth most liveable city in the world (Economist Intelligence Unit 2012). Some key facts:
- A relaxed coastal city of 1.2 million people with a Mediterranean climate
- Safe, open and tolerant, repeatedly ranked among the world's top 10 most liveable cities
- One of the most cost-competitive cities in Australia in which to do business (KPMG)
- Among the world's most cost-competitive locations for key industrial activity including clinical trials, product testing, biotechnology, telecommunication,
- chemicals, and electronics (KPMG)
- At the centre of Australia's air, road and rail networks
- A city of internationally regarded education, training and research centres and institutions.
Adelaide is also a gateway to the Outback, the dramatic Flinders Ranges, the natural beauty of Kangaroo Island, the River Murray and the many South Australian vineyards that produce some of the world’s great wines.
The combination of low living costs, some of mainland Australia's most affordable housing, great amenities and entertainment events enables Adelaide to offer an enticing mix of great lifestyle and employment options.