The Department for Manufacturing, Innovation, Trade, Resources and Energy (DMITRE) is in a unique position to drive economic development and 'deliver results' for all South Australians.
It has taken leadership in implementing two of the State Government's seven priority areas:
- Realising the benefits of the mining boom for all South Australians
- Growing advanced manufacturing.
DMITRE reports to the Hon Tom Koutsantonis MP as Minister for Mineral Resources and Energy and the Hon Tom Kenyon MP as Minister for Manufacturing, Innovation and Trade and Minister for Small Business.
Our plans 2013-2014
DMITRE has developed the Strategic Directions 2013-2014 as roadmap for the future to ensure the department capitalises on the State's economic potential.
DMITRE's vision is for a globally competitive, prosperous, and sustainable South Australia.
To realise this vision, the department is working towards a series of Strategic Objectives, which are to:
- Leverage the value from our major projects for all South Australians
- Attract and facilitate targeted business and infrastructure investment
- Enable accessible and sustainable energy and resources
- Drive the transition to high-value innovative manufacturing
- Deliver and advocate trusted regulation and targeted programs
- Drive and encourage innovation across industry and government.
The department's vision is explored further in this video.