The Department for Manufacturing, Innovation, Trade, Resources and Energy (DMITRE) is in a unique position to drive economic development and 'deliver results' for all South Australians.
It has taken leadership in implementing two of the State Government's seven priority areas:
- Realising the benefits of the mining boom for all South Australians
- Growing advanced manufacturing.
Our plans 2013-2014
DMITRE has developed the Strategic Directions 2013-2014 as roadmap for the future to ensure the department capitalises on the State's economic potential.
DMITRE's vision is for a globally competitive, prosperous, and sustainable South Australia.
To realise this vision, the department is working towards a series of Strategic Objectives, which are to:
- Leverage the value from our major projects for all South Australians
- Attract and facilitate targeted business and infrastructure investment
- Enable accessible and sustainable energy and resources
- Drive the transition to high-value innovative manufacturing
- Deliver and advocate trusted regulation and targeted programs
- Drive and encourage innovation across industry and government.
The department's vision is explored further in this video.