Why South Australia?
South Australia is poised for unprecedented growth and prosperity.
The state's independent economic advisory group, the Economic Development Board (EDB), has suggested that South Australia is moving toward a future of sustained economic prosperity and outperforms the nation in a range of economic indicators.
Mega-projects in mining, infrastructure development and defence are changing South Australia's economy and our international profile.
$94 billion worth of major projects underway and in the pipeline are creating jobs, opportunities and wealth for businesses, employees and communities across the state.
Our competitive advantages
South Australia has a highly competitive environment and an ease of doing business that is the envy of other states.
Its support for investment includes access to key decision-makers in government and strong investment facilitation through Invest in SA.
South Australia's advantages include:
- a well-planned supply of affordable industrial land, linked to strategic infrastructure and transport corridors
- an advanced manufacturing, technology and research base
- world’s leading companies in defence, food and wine, resources, information and communications technology, and automotive sectors
- strong collaboration and partnership between industry and government
- excellence in higher education, skills training and research
- growing investment and trade relationships with China and India.
South Australia's capital city, Adelaide, is consistently ranked one of the most liveable cities in the world and is among the most affordable capital cities in Australia.
In 2011, The Economist rated Adelaide as the equal eighth most liveable city in the world. It is internationally regarded for providing enviable work and lifestyle choices and a safe living environment.