South Australia is currently enjoying tremendous growth. This in turn attracts international, national and local investors across a wide range of industry sectors.
South Australia is a key location for sustainable business, with:
- Major projects valued at $94 billion in a diverse portfolio of sectors
- World-leading minerals and energy assets
- A robust, resilient, knowledge-based economy
- A highly competitive business environment
- A flexible and skilled workforce
- Internationally renowned energy, defence and construction sectors
- Innovative and adaptable high-value manufacturing skills and expertise
- A history of collaboration and strong partnerships between industry and government
- A world-class education system
- Deepening relationships with and proximity to China and India.
The South Australian Government provides support for business and investment including:
- Direct access to key government decision-makers
- Making available to industry affordable land linked to national and international transport corridors and necessary infrastructure
- A dedicated Invest in South Australia business unit and renowned case management service to streamline investors' establishment and approvals processes
- An ambitious and successful red-tape reduction program
- A commitment to create 100,000 training places within broader activity to meet industry demand for skilled workers
- Pro-investment programs including the Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE 2020), which has resulted in extraordinary growth in the state's minerals and energy sector and will continue to drive sustainable economic development.